By practicing, are we manipulating & doing things in our own strength?
Shouldn’t we just go with the flow?
I’ve found the opposite to be true.
It’s easier to be spirit-led & spontaneous when the team has rehearsed diligently.
– What is God doing?
– Theme / direction for worship / songs for a season
– Seek God & take time
(Not just a list songs w/ no connection except that they are your favourite songs)
– Flow of keys and tempos and focus
– Something fresh & new
– Style which is relevant and accessible to the congregation.
– Biblically sound
– Following the vision & direction of the church
– Teachable & accessible
– Time to teach the band so that the band (let alone the congregation) can engage in the song.
– Give it time and consistent use to catch on.